CHRISTIAN RECOVERY SUPPORT GROUPS USING THE 12 STEPS AND SCRIPTURES
We host a one hour weekly meeting on Wednesdays and another on Thursdays. Both meetings start at 6:30 pm pacific . Anyone may call in and participate if they wish to, or just listen. First names only are used, so anonymity and confidentiality are maintained.
For Wednesday meeting, dial (319)527-2703, then enter access code 536332 For Thursday meeting, dial (641) 715-3865, then enter access code #209992 - unblock your number when calling in for best results. You will be prompted to "mute" your phone when you are not sharing so as to keep background noise to a minimum. The host will begin the meeting at the specified time, and use the format below.
We hope there will be volunteers to host other
meetings as it would be great to see daily meetings come to
fruition. The host commitment can be for six months with hopes of others
stepping up to volunteer to host later. Please contact
for information about hosting or
prayer - leader or volunteer
- We are here for our mutual recovery , so speak only when the leader recognizes you and wait for others to finish sharing.
- please keep your phone in "mute" mode (*6) when not sharing, to reduce background noise.
- Avoid offering suggestions or methods of fixing another person's problems, allowing individuals to experience their pain without your interference
- Abusive, obscene, or other disruptive language or actions will result in the caller being blocked from participation in the current meeting.
- Questions can be handled AFTER the meeting so that sharing will not be interrupted.
- If you have used alcohol or any mood-altering chemical within the past 24 hours, we ask you not to share until after the meeting.
- Volunteers (or host) to read OO Preamble and 12 steps with Scriptures
- Serenity prayer - a volunteer leads, and all others mute phones (*6) then pray along
Steps with study scriptures. Read a scripture (host may assign one), share on the verse, how
it applies to you today (five minute limit on discussions), or
Topics with scriptures
- Last 5 Minutes, Leader reads: "We pass the basket to help support the O.O. Central Office. In sending donations to support the O.O. Central Office, we not only have a chance to give something back for all we have been given, but we also provide the means necessary to carry the message of HOPE and recovery in Christ to people around the world. To send in "pass the basket" donations, purchase literature, or for more information, visit the website overcomersoutreach.org , or mail to Overcomers Outreach, 12828 Acheson Drive, Whittier, CA 90601. Personal donations are tax-deductible." Then leader or volunteer reads the 12 Traditions of OO.
- Ask for a leader for the next meeting (optional) - Close with Lord's Prayer
"After the meeting" discussions encouraged to exchange phone numbers and provide additional support. (call this time "in the parking lot")
Visit the Study site "The Bridge" for more study and discussion material
and steps with scriptures.